On April 17th, the GVSA board conducted a video conference meeting and voted to cancel the spring 2020 season in its entirely. There were several factors that lead to this decision and they all pointed to the direction of not having a spring season. While GVSA held out as long as possible we feel that this was the best decision for or players, coaches, referees and spectators. We will continue to provide options for our Clubs in hopes that tournaments, training or scrimmages can happen as soon as the Stay At Home order has been lifted. We look forward to seeing everyone back on the field soon. Until then. Stay home, Stay Safe!
REGISTER PLAYERS FOR CLUB TRYOUTS
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
The minutes of all Board of Director Meetings from 2010 to date are available on-line. Click here for a list.
Finding a Team
If you are looking for a place to play for your 8-18 year old please contact one of our Member Clubs (Click on the GVSA Clubs & Contacts Button). All teams are formed by our Clubs, not by GVSA. If you need further information about GVSA or how to locate a Club click here.
Click here for a list of clubs who have notified us that they are looking for players. Also, don't hesitate to contact any of our clubs at any time to find out if they have any openings.
If you are interested in officiating in GVSA, or have questions about Officiating please check the Referees section of the website.
Hours of operation are usually 10AM-1PM Tuesday - Friday for Club Representatives only (Coaches, Managers or Parents should address questions and concerns though their Club). All late adds require 48 hours notice for processing! Clubs have been provided with the GVSA Phone Number for their use only from 10AM to 1PM, Tuesday - Friday.
The GVSA mailing address is PO Box 888680, Kentwood MI 49588.
Brief Facts about GVSA
GVSA was founded in 1996
with the goal of providing a competitive youth soccer for youth teams in
the Metro Grand Rapids and Lakeshore areas. GVSA has grown from 23
teams to 425 teams this Fall, in the U8 through U19 age groups, as well as over 87 area Premier teams.
The growth of GVSA has been due to a number of factors:
* GVSA is run professionally, impartially and independently. It is not run nor owned by an individual club or person.
* GVSA is an open league - players may move freely between clubs each year and GVSA actively encourages new clubs to
apply. Our community based clubs are the heart and soul of the league.
We encourage kids to play by being inclusive and inexpensive.
* We provide multiple levels of competition and firmly believe teams should be placed according to their ability. As the largest
league in out-state Michigan we provide the best competition for all teams and the best place for local players to develop.
* Our affiliation with the US Youth Soccer Association (USYSA), the largest and most diverse soccer organization in the USA.
* The use of USSF licensed officials in all games.
* Low fees. It costs about $20 per player for an entire year to register with GVSA and about $3.00 per game to pay officials.
Our team fees are amongst the lowest anywhere.
* When all is said and done GVSA is about kids playing soccer at the appropriate age and skill level, in a competitive yet safe
environment at the lowest possible cost. No where in the world does the FIFA motto of "Fair Play" mean more than in
GVSA, both on and off the field.