GVSA News - December 2, 2013
MSYSA E License Courses are open for registration
Register soon - Only a few spots remaining!
The Northland United Soccer Club will be hosting an E License Coaching Clinic at Big Rapids Middle School on February 15-16.
Any potential coaches interested in earning a license are invited and encouraged to attend.
For more information, please visit the link below to the state website.
You may also contact Curt Ray at (231) 629-2269 for additional details & info!
MSYSA Online Coaching Youth Module Course - U6 to U10 Players Cost: $50 (Prerequisite: None)
USSF/MSYSA E License Course - U9 to U12 players Cost: $125.00 (Prerequisite: Online Youth Module )
· Lansing MI @ Lansing Indoor Sports Arena on 12/07 & 12/08, 2013 at 9:00am - 6:00pm Register Here
· Wixom MI@ Total Sports on 12/28 & 12/29, 2013 at 9:00am - 6:00pm Register Here
· Oxford MI@ Lakeville Elementary School on 02/01 & 02/02, 2014 at 9:00am - 6:00pm Register Here
USSF/MSYSA D Level Coaching Course - U13 to U14 players Cost $200.00 (Prerequisite: E License )
MSYSA is working on scheduling new D Courses. Please visit http://www.michiganyouthsoccer.org/Page553.aspx weekly for new D course offerings. D Courses sell out quickly, by the time you receive a coaching education advertisement email the course may already be closed.
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
The minutes of all Board of Director Meetings from 2010 to date are available on-line. Click here for a list.
Finding a Team
If you are looking for a place to play for your 8-18 year old please contact one of our Member Clubs (Click on the GVSA Clubs & Contacts Button). All teams are formed by our Clubs, not by GVSA. If you need further information about GVSA or how to locate a Club click here.
If you are interested in officiating in GVSA, or have questions about Officiating please check the Referees section of the website.
The GVSA Office is located at 2222 Wealthy St SE in East Grand Rapids 49506. This is at the corner of Wealthy and Bagley, behind the East Grand Rapids High School, on the second floor. E-Mail may be sent to email@example.com .
The office is usually open from 9AM-Noon Monday through Friday for Club Representatives only (not Coaches, Managers or Parents). Please call before coming in if you need anything done while you wait! Clubs have been provided with the GVSA Phone Number for their use only from 9AM to Noon, on Business Days.
Click here to view the GVSA Club Pass Card Policy
Central Shoreline is currently looking for U13 Boys, for more information visit our Players Needed page
Brief Facts about GVSA
GVSA was founded in 1996
with the goal of providing a competitive youth soccer for youth teams in
the Metro Grand Rapids and Lakeshore areas. GVSA has grown from 23
teams to 386 teams this Fall, in the U8 through U19 age groups, as well as over 40 area Premier teams.
The growth of GVSA has been due to a number of factors:
* GVSA is run professionally, impartially and independently. It is not run nor owned by an individual club or person.
* GVSA is an open league - players may move freely between clubs each year and GVSA actively encourages new clubs to
apply. Our community based clubs are the heart and soul of the league.
We encourage kids to play by being inclusive and inexpensive.
* We provide multiple levels of competition and firmly believe teams should be placed according to their ability. As the largest
league in out-state Michigan we provide the best competition for all teams and the best place for local players to develop.
* Our affiliation with the US Youth Soccer Association (USYSA), the largest and most diverse soccer organization in the USA.
* The use of USSF licensed officials in all games.
* Low fees. It costs about $20 per player for an entire year to register with GVSA and about $3.00 per game to pay officials.
Our team fees are amongst the lowest anywhere.
* When all is said and done GVSA is about kids playing soccer at the appropriate age and skill level, in a competitive yet safe
environment at the lowest possible cost. No where in the world does the FIFA motto of "Fair Play" mean more than in
GVSA, both on and off the field.